Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 10 ~ All tangled up!


My friend Lyndsay has been teaching me how to knit!  Once a week, give or take, we get together and watch Stargate Atlantis while working on various knitting and crocheting endeavors :)  When we first started, she taught me how to knit and I taught her how to crochet.  It's been slow going for me... having grown up on crocheting, working with two needle and perfecting what I consider to be "backwards crocheting" may never be something that will come naturally!  But tonight I achieved the unthinkable!  Cable knitting :)  This is going to be a scarf when I'm done... 7 rows of knitting and pearl stitches and then you need three needles to do the cable row, which is actually that swirly part of the scarf over to the right end!  I get the needles all tangled up sometimes and Steve tries to help by attacking the yarn, little does he know he is so not helping lol  But all in all, this cable stuff is really awesome and I have to repeat just what you see here for the rest of the length of the scarf... crazy huh?  I'm just so excited to be able to do something different after all these years of half finishing crochet baby blankets lol

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you crocheted! My mom taught me when I was in the fourth grade, and I have been half-finishing projects ever since! (Ok, I have actually finished some stuff, but it takes a while ...)

    ReplyDelete