Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 116 ~ Store Closing :(


For once, the paper signs on the door brought me sadness.  Usually I go up to the doors hoping the paper I see doesn't say something bad, like that the store is closing or something, well today, the saddest of days.... it did say the store is closing!  Not that there isn't another dollar tree right up the street, but it takes five more minutes and a u-turn to get to and it just isn't the same!  I haven't gone in this one very often lately, but it has always been there for me when I need it or when I have a random need to satisfy a "spend a couple of useless dollars on useless things" fix.  Alas all good things must come to an end, and with my sister's and my random stop in to buy random things today (nail files, Christmas cards, hair clips and pot holders), I bid farewell to my beloved store where everything actually is a dollar!  You have been a good friend all these years!

P.S on a less dramatic note.... the store's not closing until December 24th so I'm sure I will be in there buying it all out before then, but this time felt like the last of our random stop ins, coming out with a bag full of things that we don't even really need just because everything's really a dollar and fail safe statement of "Just because we can"

No comments:

Post a Comment